Nov 20, 2015
High Technology Construction Accounting Offices Are No Longer A
They Are Standard Operating Procedure Just To Keep Up With Your Competitors
High technology office environments are now as important as the Smartphones and tablet were several years ago. If you were a smart, forward thinking contractor you got those long before your competition did and made a lot of money in a short period of time.
You need to commit to spending $100,000+ to setup a high technology construction accounting office and staff it with Professional Construction Accounting Staff or outsource it a Contractors Bookkeeping Service before it is too late.
Act Now! Don't wait until you are fighting for the crumbs left by successful high-profit contractors who know where The Top 20% of the market is, how to attract them, make obscene profits and retire early.
Perhaps you don't want to invest $100,000+ to setup a high tech construction accounting office not more than you want to setup an oil change station at your shop or office since both of them can be outsourced cheaper and faster than you can do-it-yourself. Let alone the aggravation that comes with having a bookkeeper in your house or office and worse yet having your wife do it...now there is a recipe for divorce!
Tip #01 - Consistency Is Key To Effective And Efficient Contractor Bookkeeping
Setup your Processes and document them in an Operations Manual - Our Strategic Contractors Bookkeeping Service is an assembly line where contractor bookkeeping tasks are divided into groups and assigned by skill level and yours can be too. Make certain everything is reviewed by competent construction accountants who cost us less and we pass the savings on to you!
Tip #02 - Understand The Cost Of Having Bookkeepers On Your Payroll
A quick rule of thumb is to double whatever you are paying a bookkeeper by the hour and that will come close to the total cost what it will cost your contracting company including their salary, company paid payroll taxes, office supplies and other office overhead.
Tip #03 - Find And Hire Some Professional Construction Bookkeepers That:
· Have invested the minimum of 10,000 hours that it takes to master the profession
· Continue practicing, learning and growing their knowledge and skills
· Arrive to work on time and leave on time
· Greet your customers and clients with a smile
· Understands their job description is serve your customers
· Care about you as a person
· Care about your company
· Care about your staff
· Care about your suppliers
· Are cheerful, thinking, responsible adult
· Focus on their job while at work
· Leave home issues at home and work issues at work
· Continually learn new skill sets because they take pride in their work
· Embrace innovation, processes and procedures that allow everyone to succeed
· Produce reliable and good reports
· Take a lunch break away from the office to recharge their minds and bodies
· Take reasonable breaks during the day to clear their mind
· Are team players working to maintain the integrity of your QuickBooks
Tip #04 - Here Is What's Required To Find And Keep Professional Bookkeepers
· A living wage with benefits
· Air Conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter
· Company paid training to continually update their skill sets
· Do not expect them to ANSWER THE PHONE
· Good lighting in their office and the building in general
· Kitchenette with free beverages, snacks, frozen foods and a microwave
· Library of online knowledge base available only to qualified Bookkeepers
· Lots of room to spread out paper and assorted files
· Private office with a door so they can work in quiet and think
· 24-7 technical English speaking U.S. based phone support
· The latest in computer hardware and software with lots of power
· High-speed scanners to send documents directly to your paperless server
· Two or three large flat screen dual monitors with HDMI or at least DVI inputs with high-resolution
· Understand and implement as much as possible the following:
>Deming’s 14 points
>Covey’s 7 Habits
>Good To Great
Any construction business owner who thinks investing in a high-tech construction accounting office or outsourcing your contractors bookkeeping services is not an option may want to consider outsourcing their contractors bookkeeping services to a firm like ours.
If neither option appeals to you then perhaps you may want to look around and see how busy you are now and give serious consideration to polishing up your resume and get ready to look for a job with one of your competitors.
When economy improves, which it will eventually, you will face a juggernaut of forward thinking construction business owners who are updating their Processes, Policies and Procedures to identify their Prime Customer and developing systems to get the most profitable top 20% of the jobs right now.
We know it to be true because we are working with a number of them in all across the USA including Alaska and Hawaii now!
The great obstacle to discovering the value of Construction Bookkeeping which generates good reports and being informed in time to seize opportunities and avoid disasters is not ignorance; but the illusion of trying to save money doing it yourself or hiring cheap bookkeepers because good bookkeeping like good construction is not cheap.
My purpose is not to offend anyone; however, if I can keep just ONE construction business owner from disaster, bankruptcy, divorce or suicide; and yes some construction company owners have decided to take on a long-term solution to a short-term problem...it is only money.
Everyone fails now and then, goodness knows I have. You can always start over, rebuild and go back into business again...a little older and a little wiser and this time you will know to seek wise counsel.
I trust this podcast helps you understand that outsourcing your contractors bookkeeping services to us is about more than just “doing the bookkeeping”; it is about taking holistic approach to your entire construction company and helping support you as a contractor and as a person.
We understand the good, bad and the ugly about owning and operating construction companies because we have had several of them and we sincerely care about you and your construction company!
That is all I have for now and if you have listened this far please do me the honor of commenting and rating podcast www.FastEasyAccounting.com/podcast Tell me what you liked, did not like, tell it as you see it because your feedback is crucial and I thank you in advance.
I trust this will be of value to you and your feedback is always welcome at www.FastEasyAccounting.com/podcast
This is one more example of how Fast Easy Accounting is helping construction company owners across the USA including Alaska and Hawaii put more money in the bank to operate and grow your construction company. Construction accounting is not rocket science; it is a lot harder than that and a lot more valuable to construction contractors like you so stop missing out and call Sharie 206-361-3950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking About Outsourcing Your Contractors Bookkeeping Services?
Click On The Link Below:
Need Help Now?
Call Sharie 206-361-3950
This guide will help you learn what to look for in outsourced construction accounting.
Thank you very much and I hope you understand we really do care
about you and all contractors regardless of whether or not you ever
hire our services.
Bye for now until our next episode here on the Contractors Success MAP Podcast.
Randal DeHart | Contractors Accountant