May 23, 2014
Malcolm Gladwell, author of the book "Outlier" wrote about how The Beatles played nearly 10,000 hours together in Germany before the emerged as "The Beatles", Tiger Woods invested 10,000 hours on the golf course before he turned 21, Bill Gates as a kid put in 10,000 on his PC.
Strategic Construction Bookkeeping - Is as different from standard bookkeeping as someone who spends their day maintaining a fancy dog house is from a professional remodel contractor!
Professional Remodel Contractors - Have told me in no uncertain terms how they feel about unlicensed and super cheap contractors who underbid them for construction projects. In some cases they will try to warn customers about how "The Sweetness of Low Price Soon Fades While The bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers On".
Sometimes The Customer - Will call you back to
fix all the screw-ups and bad construction. In the end the customer
ends up paying more money spending more time than if they had it
done right in the first place.
We See The Same Problem - When some construction company owners shop for bookkeeping services thinking all accountants and bookkeepers are the same.
What You Can Expect From Our Strategic Bookkeeping
· Professional Bookkeepers with over 10,000 hours of practice
· Cloud based document storage
· Sales Tax Returns
· Job Deposit Tracking
· Retention Tracking System
· Insurance Audit Support Service
We Cost Less - In the long run than a Cheap Bookkeeper because in order to provide strategic bookkeeping services means we have to recruit hire and train Professional Bookkeepers who have the following traits:
· Minimum 10,000 hours or more of bookkeeping training and/or practice
· Contractors bookkeeping is 90% repetitive and 10% complex entries
· They know what to do with complex transactions
· When they need help they have someone in the office to assist them
· Arrives on time and leaves on time
· Understands their job description is serve your customers
· Cares about you as a person
· Cares about your company
· Cares about your staff
· Cares about your suppliers
· Cheerful, thinking, responsible adult
· Focuses on their job while at work
· Leaves home issues at home and work issues at work
· Continually learns new skill sets because they take pride in their work
· Embraces processes and procedures that allow everyone to succeed
· Produce reliable and good reports
· Takes lunch away from the office to recharge their minds and bodies
· Take reasonable breaks during the day to clear their mind
· Team players working to maintain the integrity of your
Professional Bookkeepers Demand:
· A living wage with benefits
· Air Conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter
· Company paid training to continually update their skill sets
· Do not expect them to ANSWER THE PHONE
· Good lighting in their office and the building in general
· Kitchenette with free beverages, snacks, frozen foods and a microwave
· Library of online knowledge base available only to qualified Bookkeepers
· Lots of room to spread out paper and assorted files
· Private office with a door so they can work in quiet and think
· 24-7 technical English speaking U.S. based phone support
· The latest in computer hardware and software with lots of power
· Two large flat screen dual monitors with DVI inputs and high resolution
We understand and implement as much as possible the following:
· Deming’s 14 points
· Covey’s 7 Habits
· Good To Great
Professional Construction Accountants And Bookkeepers - Are worth it because each one can do the same amount of work as five or more standard bookkeepers and do it with greater accuracy because they have the proper equipment, training and support for strategic construction bookkeeping.
Just Like You Warn - Homeowners about the hidden cost of cheap low priced construction companies we try to warn construction business owners about the true cost of Cheap Bookkeepers. Too often some contractors will think they can hire a Cheap Bookkeeper to save money in all too often the results are catastrophic!
In The End - Bad Bookkeepers will leave you with unfiled and unpaid taxes, gasping, upset, with tear stained checks, wide-eyed, stupid, mouth open, standing in the middle of the highway of business success staring at the remains of your business, crashed, rolled over, upside down, in the ditch, on fire, with flames belching from all sides with no hope in sight.
I Have Seen Bad Bookkeepers - Ruin far too many businesses, especially construction businesses. In most cases it was Bookkeeping Incompetence, in some cases Bookkeeper Embezzlement and in other cases it appears to have been deliberate. All I know for sure is that I have witnessed business failures that have led to divorce, families destroyed, finances wiped out and people living on the streets. In a few extreme cases I know of contractors that have taken their own lives because they were so stressed out and had lost hope.
This is one more example of how Fast Easy Accounting is helping construction company owners just like you put more money in the bank to operate and grow your construction company. Construction accounting is not rocket science; it is a lot harder than that and a lot more valuable to construction contractors like you so stop missing out and call Sharie 206-361-3950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking About Outsourcing Your Contractors Bookkeeping Services?
Click On The Link Below:
Need Help Now?
Call Sharie 206-361-3950